The 2005 Mongoose Pro Cosmic by Currie Technologies is powered by a 450 watt "Earth Magnet" Electro Drive motor. That's a 100 watt increase over the last Mongoose Pro Cosmic model offered. The improved power and torque means even faster starts and greater hill climbing ability. The list of added features doesn't stop there. The 2005 Mongoose Pro Cosmic includes a 12" spring and elastomer type suspension system with 50mm of travel, BMX style front v-brakes and a motorcycle style twist throttle. Otherwise, this scooter still comes with everything that made last year's model great. The downtube console allows for easy access to the on-off switch, power indicator light and charger port. Top-end speed is approximately 15 mph and the enhanced braking system insures safe, quick stops. The Mongoose Pro Cosmic is both weather and dust resistant. You can take it off-road through mud, dirt and grass. The electric motor is clean and quiet and the handlebars fold for easy transport. Currie is one of the original manufacturers of electric powered scooters. Currie products are well known for their high-end style, quality, solid construction and reliability.
• Speed: 15 mph
• Range: 8-10 miles
• Motor: 450 Watt “Earth Magnet” Electro Drive, 24-volt DC motor with 40 amp electronic pulse-width modulated (PWM) controller that includes low voltage battery protection, motor overheat protection, peak amperage protection, stall protection and maximum speed protection. Fully sealed, dust and weather resistant.
• Frame: New Hi-Ten full sized 12” seated scooter frame with easy-on, easy-off seat assembly, steel battery box and downtube console with integrated on-off switch, power indicator light, and charger port. 12” spring and elastomer type suspension system with 50mm of travel. One piece alloy deck with molded kicktail. Oversized, chromed headset. Heavy duty folding handlebar and stem with Krayton grips.
• Drive Train: Patented Electro Drive all-weather direct chain drive with built-in freewheeling clutch for easy coasting, bolt-on mounting plate, motor and speed specific gearing, half twist grip variable speed throttle (motorcycle style).
• Battery: 24V, 10 amp hours, sealed recyclable lead acid batteries in a steel box frame mounted battery pack (dual 12V).
• Charge Time: 5– 6 hours.
• Battery Charger:2 Amp smart charger, 110V AC input, self-regulated.
• Brakes: BMX style front v-brakes and a 90 mm rear band braking system. Alloy 3-finger MTB style brake levers.
• Weight: 60 lbs.
• Dimensions: Height 48", Width at handlebars 21", Deck Width 12", Length 47", Folded Height 24"
• Carrying Capacity: 250 lbs.
• Rims: Alloy 12” x 1.75” 6N style rims, 24H on spoked wheels with F-14G rustless spokes.
• Tires & Tubes: 12.5” x 2.125” black street tire with motorcycle tread compound and puncture resistant tubes.
• Warranty: 6 months parts and labor.
• Easy on/off removable seat kit.
• Handlebars that fold for easy transport and storage.
• CPSC certified safety reflectors (front & rear).
• 2 Amp smart battery charger.
• On/off toggle switch ignition.
• 12” single, UCP kick stand.