The GT Asteroid by Currie Technologies is fitted with a 450 watt Electro Drive motor with plenty of power and torque for fast starts and great hill climbing. It's top-end speed is 15 mph and the enhanced braking system insures safe, quick stops. The GT Asteroid is an "all metal construction" electric scooter that's built to last. It's weather and dust resistant as well. You can take the GT Asteroid off-road through mud, dirt and grass. The electric motor is clean and quiet and the handlebars fold for easy transport. Currie is one of the original manufacturers of electric powered scooters. Currie products are well known for their style, quality and reliability, so you can be sure that your Asteroid electric scooter is a sturdy, long-lasting item.
• Speed: 15 mph
• Range: 10 miles
• Motor: 450 Watt High Torque Brushless Motor, Exclusive 24-volt brushed DC motor and electronic pulse-width modulated (PWM) controller that includes low voltage battery protection, motor overheat protection, peak amperage protection, stall protection, maximum speed protection, brake inhibit, and is fully sealed (dust and weather resistant).
• Frame: New Hi-Ten full sized 12" scooter frame, steel battery box and downtube console with integrated on-off switch, power indicator light, and charger port. 12" Hi-Ten Unicrown fork. One piece ABS deck with molded kicktail. Oversized, chromed headset. Heavy duty folding handlebar and stem with GT Krayton grips.
• Currie Electro Drive System: All weather direct chain drive, On-demand variable speed throttle, freewheeling clutch for easy coasting.
• Battery: 24V (dual 12V), 10-amp hour sealed recyclable lead acid batteries in a steel box frame mounted battery pack.
• Charge Time: 5 - 6 hours.
• Brakes: Front BMX style V-Brake, 90mm rear band brakes.
• Dimensions: Length 48", Width 20", Width at deck 9", Height 46", Height when folded 25"
• Weight: 57 lbs.
• Carrying Capacity: 250 lbs.
• Rims: Alloy 12" x 1.75" 6N style, 24H on spoked wheels.
• Tires & Tubes: Kenda K-909 12" x 2.125" black street tires with thorn resistant tubes.
• Warranty: 30 day warranty / 1 year warranty on battery (provided by Urbanscooters.com).
• Handlebars that fold for easy transport and storage.
• Smart battery charger (2 amp).
• CPSC certified safety reflectors (front & rear).
• On/off toggle switch ignition.
• 12" single, UCP kick stand.
• No assembly required! Simply raise and lock the handlebars and you're ready to ride.
• Speed and range specs are maximum ratings under ideal conditions, i.e. light weight rider (relative to carrying capacity), good terrain (solid, flat, smooth & dry), etc. Less than ideal conditions will reduce speed, range and climbing ability.